Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dress Codes


The subject of dress codes is very interesting to me because this school year, my old school introduced uniforms. It is a public school, but all students must wear khaki, navy or black tailored pants and a collared shirt in green, blue or white. The dress code at my old high school is very severe and in my opinion, violates the first amendment because it really inhibits the students' ability to express themselves. However, the dress code here is quite different. I was actually surprised to find that they have a dress code at NCSA, but basically, you just have to have your privates covered. I think that our dress code is constitutional because we are allowed to freely express ourselves through our clothing as long as we do not choose to express ourselves with nudity. This protects our freedom of speech, while upholding the law against public indecency.

No comments:

Post a Comment