Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Amendment Test


Before I took this test, I thought I knew quite a bit about the first amendment and I was fairly sure that I knew my rights. However, when I took the test, I only got 20 out of 30 questions correct. So, I ended up learning quite a bit from taking the quiz!

One of the questions which surprised me was number 19

19. The First Amendment prohibits private schools that accept government funding from censoring or punishing students who participate in lawful and peaceful on-campus speech activities.

a. true
b. false

I chose answer A. However, the correct answer is B, because even though the school accepts government money, it is still a private school and therefore can do pretty much anything they want. I thought that it was interesting that even though the government sort of supports the school, it cannot regulate the rules of the school simply because it is not classified as a public school.

No comments:

Post a Comment